Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Adorable Gable Box and Calendar

Yikes - I can't believe I almost forgot to post today! Do you ever think about how quickly time passes and wonder what you actually do all day? Once I considered the idea that I might just be lazy and then I thought "Nah, why should I take all the blame? It's definitely my kids' fault that I'm so unorganized!"

Anyway, I'm so excited about this post, and not just because the projects are so cute. It's also because they come from Stephanie Gittins who just happens to be my upline! Steph is a fantastic upline and everything she does turns out so cute! You're going to love these ideas - I'm sure of it!



Valentine Gable Box
This project was made using the new Gable Box tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. I'm going to use this particular box for my kindergartener's teacher on Valentine's Day. I especially love this box because it is a little bigger than most, and will hold quite a bit of chocolate! (Or you could fill it with something else... but nothing's better than chocolate!)

I used the Candy Lane paper on this project, but you might notice that the colors aren't the same ones listed in the catalog. Most of the paper does use the suggested colors, but I noticed that this particular stripe was a lot more pink. It's always a nice surprise when you find other colors to coordinate in your paper!

Paper: Close to Cocoa, Rose Red, and Regal Rose Cardstock. Candy Lane Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Love You Much
Inks: Chocolate Chip Classic Pad
Accessories: Wide Oval Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals, Crop-a-dile, 5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain






Coaster Calendar
I absolutely adore this little calendar! I made these for all of my Club members, and they were so quick and easy. You can find the calendar template here- a big thanks to Cat on Splitcoast Stampers! I used 4x4 coasters, and just covered them with paper. I punched the holes to mount the calendar all the way through with my Cropadile and then attached the pages with brads. I figured this way the calendar could be changed out next year. I skipped a lot of the heavy accessories, like ribbon, because I put magnet tape on the back.

Paper: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red & Whisper White Cardstock. Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Accessories: Large and Small Oval Punches, Three Flower Punch, White Gel Pen, Gold Brads, Crop-a-Dile


Thank you so much for sharing these cute projects with us Steph!

1 comment:

carolm said...

very cute projects!

xox ~ carol.