Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today I have a fantastic card from Gretchen Barron to show you! Here's what she had to say about it:

I just love the new Wandering Words Stamp set from the Holiday mini Catalog. And the stamp that I wanted to use first was definitely the one with fall leaves. I don't know what it is about swirling leaves, but I seem to be instantly drawn to these images. Of course, you know that anytime I can use purple, I'm a happy stamper! And I'm so thrilled that the Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper has purple in it (well, Elegant Eggplant).


Cardstock Colors are Soft Suede (card base), Elegant Eggplant, Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla. The swirly leaves are colored with markers directly on the rubber stamp. I used the Scallop Edge Punch, some 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon and a few brads at the bottom for balance. And there's some sponging using Soft Suede ink around the edges! You can find more information and pictures on my blog post at http://gretchenbarron.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/09/wandering-words-todays-featured-stamp-set.html.

Gretchen - this is beautiful! It definitely puts me in the mood for fall!

1 comment:

carolm said...

very pretty gretchen. xoxo