Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday, Thursday

Sorry for such a late post today - but when time flies, it sure goes fast!! So without further hesitation, let me introduce our talented diva Sue Ann Olsavicky! Here is what Sue Ann shares about herself:


"Hi, I’m Sue Ann Olsavicky. I’ve been a Stampin’ Up!® demo since Sept 2004. I joined Stampin’ Up! after much convincing by Laura and Diane who were teaching rubber stamping in the community where I live. I had been attending classes for about 6 months and my wish list --- well, let’s just say that almost every stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! catalog had a little wanted star beside it!

I didn’t want to teach classes, I didn’t want to sell anything I just wanted to stamp. They convinced me that with my wish list I could keep myself as an active demo for generations and get my stampin’ stuff at a 20% discount.

When Laura and Diane (her upline) decided to stop teaching classes in my community, my classmates asked me if I’d take over the classes. So with much reluctance (I didn’t want anyone touching my stuff!) I started classes in Jan 2005 every other week. I soon found that sharing my love of stamping and seeing the joy that it brings to my customers was far more rewarding than concerns about getting black ink on my wood blocks, or messy stamp pads. Now I teach classes twice a week, hold in home workshops and just for good measure have a special event every couple of months. I also have fun with my blog at http://NeverTooManyStamps.com

Last year at the Stampin’ Up convention I walked across the stage for achieving $20K year in sales. Pretty amazing to me since I’m the person who didn’t want to sell anything!

What I like best about being a Stampin’ Up! demo is that I get to meet the most amazing, creative women who are my best friends.

My stamp room is a small walk in closet that I love because everything is within arms reach and it forces me to put things away or there is no room for me to stamp! As my stamp collection has grown I’ve taken over part of my other walk in closet...but who needs clothes anyway when you can have stamps!

I’m married for 33 years. My DH was a blind date. We both are Air Force retired officers with over 58 years of service between us—that must be some sort of record. We have two pound kitties, Mimi and Sadiie who routinely have glitter in their fur from helping me with my class prep.

I joined UDI because I was looking for some mentoring on moving from a hobby demo with a full class calendar to a more business minded approach. I still want everything in the catalog…don’t think that is going to change anytime soon."


Here are a couple of cards from my recent classes. All supplies are Stampin’ Up!® some from the Occasions Mini Catalog.

Stamp Set: Baroque Motifs, Baroque Background Stamp, Full of Life

Paper: Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa Designer Prints

Ink: Chocolate Chip Craft, Close to Cocoa Classic, So Saffron Classic

Accessories: Chocolate Chip Poly Twill Ribbon, Square Rinestones (Fire), Tool Kit

Instructions: Close to Cocoa is 4 ¼ x11 scored at 2 and 7 ½. I stamped Baroque Background with So Safforn on Very Vanilla (4x5 ¼ ) for the inside of the card. It makes a very elegant, subtle background to your handwriting inside the card. Words were stamped with Chocolate Chip Craft ink. (I usually use craft ink when I stamp on darker colors as it is more vibrant).


Stamp Set: Polka Dots Background Stamp, Just Celebrate

Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Handsome Hunter, Brilliant Blue

Ink: Brilliant Blue Stamp Pad and markers - Brilliant Blue, Handsome Hunter, Real Red

Accessories: Real Red Stripped Grosgrain Ribbon


Thank you Sue Ann for sharing a little about yourself and your beautiful projects!

I hope everyone has a very happy and enjoyable week!!!

~Maria~


2 comments:

EdieB said...

Gorgeous cards Sue Ann. I love your story. TFS, EdieB

carolm said...

love your projects sue ann. very nice. it sounds like you're a very busy woman with your classes and workshops. congrats on walking the stage.

carol.