Friday, August 13, 2010

Finally Friday in a Shadowbox!



I wanted to show the 3D project I made for the Friday night dinner, card and 3D swap at convention we had. It was a lot of fun and good food, too! We had dinner at Biaggi's, an Italian restaurant.

Now, not to pat myself on the back, but this shadowbox really is not as hard to make as it looks. I am absolutely thrilled with how this came out. The most expensive item on here is the shadowbox itself!!! And that I found on clearance at my LSS! The rest is done with scraps and bits of card stock, which cost next to nothing. (I'm not sure exactly how much, but you get the point!) And it didn't take forever to make. I literally completed this on the Saturday before I left for convention. Now I did have the idea thought out in my head, but we all know how those ideas sometimes come out. What took the longest was painting the box, which is painted with buttermilk craft paint. The frame was stamped with the medallion in black staz-on, the decorative accent in Cherry Cobbler and then I spritzed Crumb Cake over it.


The inside is layered with black textured card stock, Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler. My thought for this was a collage look, so I used as many different, yet similar, items as I could. The Very Vanilla squares were put through the Big Shot with the new Vintage Wallpaper eb folder, which I inked up with Crumb Cake first and punched with the 1 1/4" square punch and layered on black textured c.s.

The Eiffel Tower was stamped in black staz-on, versa mark and then clear embossed. At the top, middle and bottom levels chunky crystal glitter was adhered with crystal effects. The crown also has a row of the same chunky glitter. The butterflies are from the Beautiful Wings embosslit in Wild Wasabi. These were scraps from my swap card and had been stamped with the Very Vintage jumbo wheel. The black 1/8" taffeta is the body. I used half pearls and 2 of the clear crystals from the now retired Pretties Kit. The crystals are a little difficult to see, but I placed a black brad through the top. The buttons are Real Red from the now retired Playground set.

All of the squares, and many of the items on top of them, are up on dimensionals. I used the thick window sheets for the "glass" so it wouldn't break in my suitcase. The flowers on the "glass" are one of the decor elements items, just cut in half.


Don't be afraid to let your imagination take you on a new adventure! I see many more of these in my future.

Happy Stamping!!!


~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Very pretty Ann!

carolm said...

and this project shows us why you were an artisan finalist. absolutely incredible, annie. xoxo