Friday, July 23, 2010

Finally Friday at Convention, Oh My!!!!!


My card this week uses the Square Lattice eb folder and Big Shot from SU! I love this folder and my Big Shot!! I also made this card for the LNS weekly challenge 79, which is a sketch, designed by Mary Jo Price-Williams.

I turned the sketch vertical since my card base, Whisper White, was already cut in the vertical way. My top note layer was cut in Tangerine Tango and Whisper White, layered with Pear Pizazz and Greenhouse Gala dsp. Love the bright, fun and sunny colors of this piece of the dsp.

To mimic the flowers on the dsp, I used the extra large fancy flower punch in So Saffron and Tangerine Tango, put them through the lattice eb folder and then curled up the edges. Hard to see in the photo, but I also peeled the Tangerine petals apart some. The entire flower is on a Daffodil Delight scallop circle, the new 2 3/8" one with dimensionals. The sentiment is from the new hostess level 3 set, Occasional Quotes. This is one set you need!! It is stamped in Tangerine Tango and backed with So Saffron. The petals/leaves are punched from the 2 step bird punch in Cert. Celery. I used the branch and wing as leaves.

The strip under the top note layer is So Saffron with WW, after I ran it through the lattice eb folder. I just love the look this folder gives to card stock. 3 silver 5/8' brads finish off the strip. I used a piece of Old Olive satin to finish the card off with. The top note panel is also up on dimensionals.

Convention is a blast, as usual!!!  Tonight I meet up with some of my UDI friends for dinner and more card swapping!!!

Happy Stamping!!!!!

~~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

carolm said...

so cute annie. can't wait to hear about convention. xoxoxo

Amber said...

that's gorgeous - I love it!!