Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Birthday Card idea


Good Morning Divas! We have another fantastic card idea from Stephanie Gittins. She made this great birthday card for her mom and I have to say, I love the sentiment. Everyone needs this reminder!


Here's what Steph had to say about her design:

It was my mom's birthday on March 1, and I wanted to make something special for her. I had a great time using our wonderful Sale-a-bration products! I love the Delicate Dots Designer Series Paper, but I decided to pair it with a stamp set other than Polka Dot Punches, which was designed to match. I used Botanical Blooms instead and I really like the result! I also branched out of my comfort zone just a little bit and used two different patterns on top of each other. I really like the result; I'll have to try being brave more often! I sponged a little Sahara Sand ink around the edges of the Top Note die cut to make it stand out a little more against the stripes.

Stamps: Botanical Blooms
Inks: So Saffron & Sahara Sand Classic Pads
Paper: Certainly Celery and Whisper White Cardstock, Delicate Dots Designer Series paper
Accessories: Very Vanilla 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Sponges, 1 3/8" Circle and Scalloped Circle Punches, Crafter's Tool Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sizzix Big Shot, Top Note Die


As you may already know, Stephanie is my upline and I just have to say - I'm always in awe of her creativity. Thank you so much for sharing Steph!!




1 comment:

Steph Gittins said...

You are too sweet, Amber! And I am truly in awe of your amazing creations. So fun to be on the blog together!