Tuesday, October 27, 2009

WOW technique

This idea has never occurred to me - I'm so glad Selene Kempton is sharing it with us today!  Check out this gorgeous card - the directions are included as well, so you can try it out for yourself :)




I demonstrated this card for the portland Maine regionals to show chalk pastels.


I stamped my image on shimmer white.
I applied chalk with makeup applicators.
Then, I used a blender pen to add darker colors to areas where the artist had made lines on the stamped image.  

No need to be an artist, SU has done the work for us.
Next,
 I added crystal effects... 
then I sponged my edges and assembled the card.  


***note: crystal effects wont move your chalk, so have some fun with this!


Really, Selene - I love your card!  Can't wait to start playing with this technique.  It's been way too long since I played with my pastels!


3 comments:

Lorie said...

That is a really beautiful card!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Wow... what a fabulous card from Selene! Love the colors and layers!

carolm said...

this card is gorgeous. i bet it jumps out and bites you in real life.

xoxo