Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Petals-a-Plenty Christmas Tree

Good Wednesday afternoon!  How is everyone this fine day?  I'm great!  Thanks!  Today's blog project comes from (not so) little ol' me!  :)  It's an embossed Christmas tree made from the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  I used the fabulous Patty Bennett's idea from her blog post here.  She is a creative genius!


I cut out a triangle shape using some cardboard packaging I saved from Make-n-Takes at Convention 2008.  I knew I would need it for something.  LOL  One sheet didn't work, so I cut out another triangle and glued the 2 of them together.   That worked perfectly.   I used Shimmery White cardstock and rubbed some Champagne Mist shimmer paint all over the tree.  Then I colored the berries with Real Red.  The star at the top of the tree is punched from YoYo Yellow and also sponged with Champagne Mist shimmer paint then adhered with a dimensional.  This card is so sparkly IRL.  The sentiment is from Four the Holidays and is stamped on Shimmery White in Real Red.  A piece of Soft Suede polka-dot ribbon (I love this ribbon!) finishes off the card. 

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps-  Four the Holidays.  Ink- Real Red.  Paper- Shimmery White, Real Red, Soft Suede, YoYo Yellow.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder, Star punch, Champagne Mist shimmer paint, Soft Suede polka-dot ribbon, dimensionals, sponge dauber.

Until next week...
Happy stampin'!

6 comments:

Lorie said...

Absolutely fantabulous idea!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Gorgeous and wonderful idea!! I love the tree, must CASE! I bet that champagne shimmer paint is fabulous on the tree too, can't wait to try it!

Amber said...

This is gorgeous! Really, Wow!!

carolm said...

so pretty.

xoxo

Maxine Conrad said...

Patty is a genius :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tree! Very elegant - TFS