Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy Scrappy Wednesday!

Hello! Today's project comes to us from Courtney Carpenter of Kansas! I was able to meet Courtney at last year's Convention. We even sat together on one leg of our plane trips home! Hi, Courtney!

I have been doing lots of scrapbooking lately! I just finished a scrapbook for a senior that graduated last week. I was also invited to do a 30-45 min. presentation on scrapbooking at a local retirement community. My husband jokingly asked if he needed to pay me to work on our family scrapbook b/c I do everyone else's but ours! :) He is a funny man. LOL I decided to go with a progressive scrapbook page to show the elders. I think breaking it down by 6x6, 8 1/2x11, and then 12x12 was easier for everyone to see the complete page done. Sometimes when you present a 12x12 page done it can be intimidating to new scappers. It was a fun time and I loved all the smiles, oohs, and ahhhs when I showcased my scrapbook of my little boys. Too cute. I had 7 ladies and 1 man. It was so neat to see a man there, and he was the only one that brought his album. Back in the day, he would fish a lot and make toy cars, airplanes and wood furniture. As you can see I had a great time! Here's the page I completed for them.

Paper: so saffron, certainly celery, bashful blue, saha
ra sand, sunshine garden designer paper,sweet slumber specialty designer paper Ink: bashful blue Accesories: sunshine garden stickers, dress up ribbon originals, and scallop edge punch.


Your pages are great, Courtney! You have just inspired me to get a page or 2 done in my kids' neglected "school years" scrapbooks. :)

Until next week...
Happy Stampin'!
Elizabeth

3 comments:

carolm said...

very cute courtney!!!

xoxo

Maria Williams :) said...

Great Build-a-Page Courtney! I always like seeing the 6x6pages growing into the 12x12 pages! :)

Karen said...

great job Courtney - they turned out wonderful!!