Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Custom Colored Dew Drops - Who Knew?

I'm so excited about this card from Adriana Benitez! I'm always looking for new ideas to share with my stampers and I can't wait to try this one. I think I'll try it out for my next Girl's Night Out - Thanks Adriana!


This card has a little "concertina" fold out on the front. It's made by cutting a piece of cardstock to 2 5/8" x 11"; score this paper at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", and 8 1/4". The Whisper White layer on each section is cut to 2 1/2". Once assembled, attach the concertina to the card front with your length of ribbon sandwiched between; you can then close the book and tie the ribbon over it with a knot or secure it with a library clip. *Note that the color of the ric-rac is "Tangerine Tango" - meaning it will be retiring in June along with the rest of the "In-Color" inspired supplies. (wah!)


The colored dots in the corners of the card are homemade "dew drops" - a great idea from Michelle Tech (see link below). I used a small dot of Tombow to secure them to the paper since they are smaller than our glue dots.

link for Michelle Tech's video on how to make the "dew drops" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKsihwMrpgU

Supplies:
Stamps: Sock Monkey, Crazy for Cupcakes
Classic Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point
Cardstock: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point
Other: Tombow adhesive, Dimensional Adhesive, Ribbon Originals Pig Tails, Top Note Die and Big Shot


Adriana - I'm really going to miss this year's In Colors too! In fact, I was just complaining to Steph G about it the other night :) I also have to say that I watched the video on Dew Drops and I can't wait to try this technique. I've made faux brads before using Crystal Effects and my small circle punch, but I never thought to use Re-inkers. I'm going to have to use this in my class too!


1 comment:

carolm said...

very cute adriana. great idea.

xox