Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday Inspiration Challenge



This is week two for the drawing for a free stamp set! Today's BEAUTIFUL (and yummy) inspiring picture comes from Martha Stewart. I love all the red's and pinks! There is so much to pick from in this picture such as weaving, rose theme, stripes and so on. I like pictures like this where you have many options to pull from!

For my sample, I immediately envisioned Crazy for Cupcakes. I then started to consider the giant cupcake from Simple Birthday Thanks. So what's a girl to do?!? If I get the chance, I'll make a second sample and post it to DivaIC8 on scs.

Here's my sample for this week. The card base is 6" x 8-1/2" (then folded in half). Being how big the cupcake itself is, I needed a slightly bigger base for it.

Stamps: Simple Birthday Thanks
Paper: Basic Black, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Georgia Peach
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Crystal Effects, Fine Cosmo Glitter, Trio Flower Punch, Lg Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Dimensionals

To see what my creative team came up with, just click on their name :
Bev
Charmaine
Tandra
Elizabeth


To view the submissions on SCS click here.

Now it's your turn! Post a link in the comments section with your blog entry or SCS gallery showing us what creation you were inspired to come up with!! If you upload to SCS be sure to put DivaIC8 (no spaces) as the keyword. Have fun!!

Inspire Stampin' happiness wherever you go!! :)
~~Maria~~

7 comments:

carolm said...

i'm seeing the possibilities. after last week's challenge, this one should be a breeze.

xox ~ carol.

UR1NABillion said...

You sample is adorable, Maria!!! I love the colors, using black background, and of course,the cherry on top!!! Lisa G.

Maxine Conrad said...

OMG I wanna eat this! LOL

Great job Maria

UR1NABillion said...

My project for Week 2 of the inspiration challenge is on my website:
www.lisargood.com

I will also try to post it to SCS in a day or so.

Thanks, Lisa G.

carolm said...

diva ic8 can be found at www.stuffbycarol.blogspot.com

carol. :)

Alicia said...

Maria--love what you created!! This one was much easier for me. As soon as I saw it, I knew what I wanted to do. Lots of other ideas came out as well, but went with the first one that popped in my head. I posted it on SCS.

Alicia :)

Maria Williams :) said...

Closing out week 2 of the Inspiration Challenge.