Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Always ..........

Welcome to another wintery Wednesday!


As I mentioned the last couple of weeks our Mini Spring Catalogue started on August 1.

I just love this new Mini as it has so many lovely new sets to choose from and ones that will appeal to all tastes and styles.

This card here is one I made using a lot of new things from the Mini - stamps, ribbon and wheel!

The background is the Its Beautiful jumbo wheel on Old Olive cardstock - a definite must for all collections! That wheel is amazing as it just brings any cardstock to life!

I stamped the bird in Close to Cocoa and embossed it in clear embossing powder. Then I coloured the pretty flowers & leaves using my Stampin Write markers and cut the birdie out.

The flower is from the pretties kit.

Which I've coloured using the Bashful Blue Classic Ink pad and aqua painter.

Once dry I've attached a half pearl from the Pretties kit.

I finished off the card using some very lovely Pomegranate wide Satin ribbon.

I do hope you like this card - I enjoyed making and sharing it with you and hope you take some time for yourself today and stamp - or just take some time and do what makes your heart smile!

Have a great day

2 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Leonie, this is such a beautiful card! Great job!!! :)

carolm said...

gorgeous card leonie! i even like the old olive (so not an earth elements person). and with the pomagranate it is stunning.

i really think i'm going to have to buy this set.

xoxox ~ carol.