Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday Treats


Today I would like to introduce you to Barb M. She is a very talented and successful demonstrator and diva. Here is what Barb wanted to share.........
I have been a demo since April of 2003. I am a SAHM of two small children, and I will be celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary in August.
I went to my first SU workshop in Jan of 2000 fully intending on NOT buying anything. I absolutely loved it and hosted three workshops in the next three months, I was hooked. I moved a couple of times and had my first child so stamping was put on the back burner for a while. When I moved to Sheridan, Wyoming in Sept of 2002, I started stamping more and more and decided to sign up to "get the discount".

In March of 2004 an acquaintance I met through my local MOPS group contacted me to do a workshop for her. I really did NOT want to do it but she convinced me (thank goodness)!!! I booked a few workshops there and my business really took off even though I was not really ready for it. In December of 2005, I realized that earning the incentive trip was actually possible and I worked my tail off to earn my first cruise in April of 2006 to the Panama Canal, it was a blast and when I returned from that cruise, I was hooked on cruisin'!!!!!. I earned Bermuda in May of 2007 and I earned Hawaii in early March of this year. I am having the time of my life doing what I lo
ve and making money too. This is certainly the life!!!!!

Barb has three projects to share with us. :) Enjoy.

Supplies Needed for Doodle This Card (Shown Above):

Stamp Sets--Doodle This, Stem Sayings
Paper--S
o Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and Glossy White cardstock
Ink--Barely Banana and Pretty in Pink Craft spots, Certainly Celery Classic ink
Accessories--6x6 page protector cut on the sides so it opens like a book, Iridescent ice embossing powder, Pop up glue dots, Chunky Sprinkles glitter, silver brads

Supplies Needed for Popsicle Card:

Stamp Sets--Tart and Tangy, Hugs & Wishes
Paper--Green Galore, Gable Green, Whisper White cardstock
Ink--Green Galore Craft spot, Versamark, Green Galore Classic ink
Accessories--White Embossing Powder, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, 1 1/4, 1 3/8, scallop circle punches, Corner rounder, White Grosgrain ribbon with the Green Galore marker, Stampin' Dimensionals

Supplies Needed for Window Card:
Stamps--Summer By the Sea
Paper--Creamy Caramel, Bordering Blue, Not Quite Navy cardstock
Ink--Not Quite Navy classic ink, Versamark
Accessories--Creamy Caramel Gingham ribbon, 1 1/4 square punches, Black Embossing Powder, Bleach in an Aquapainter

Interested in learning more about the creation of this card, check out
Barb's tutorial on her blog.
Thank you, Barb, for sharing your creations with us. Alicia :)

2 comments:

Maxine Conrad said...

Love Barb's work! Love Barb !

I am so elated that she has rejoined UDI. She is so creative!

See you in Hawaii Barb! xxx

carolm said...

barb, your cards are Gorgeous! the popsicle cards is adorable and i love the doodle card! did you just do direct to paper on it?

xoxo ~ carol.