Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sunshine on a dull day

Well its at the end of Autumn here in Australia and Winter is quickly approaching so I thought what better time to create something to warm yourself or someone else up!

I am sure that you are like me and love to recieve little surprises from friends and for no reason at all other than they were thinking of you! To recieve something in the mail from someone on the other side of the globe makes it extra special.

We call these little blessings RAKs or "Random Acts of Kindness".

This is one of those RAKs that was sent to me when I least expected it and from another diva who has become a special friend since I joined UDI and more so since we both post here each week.

This card was from Maria Williams and it was so lovely to recieve and not only because it meant she thought of me enough to send it but it also included a sachet of hot chocolate and everyone know
s there is no better friend than a friend with chocolate!!

I loved the layout of this card and the gesture of it and including the sachet of chocolate showed just that extra bit extra love and care.


I loved it so much that when a fellow demonstrator & friend was going thru some hard times with her family I decided to make her one and send it to her. I thought now was such a great time with our cooler Autumn weather - although some days do feel like winter - it was perfect to send to warm up those winter chills.

I used the "Like it a Latte" set for this one which is perfect for this type of card. Even down to the chocolate saying inside!

Recipe:

Stamps: Like it a Latte, Short and Sweet
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla, Vellum
Inks: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Crimper, Pink Grosgrain, Horizontal Slot punch, Sachet of Hot Chocolate.

I am sure you too have recieved a RAK when you least expected it - so today I am putting the challenge out to you to get stamping and send someone a RAK for no reason at all other than to say hello and you're thinking of them.


How special will that person feel when they open that envelope?

So what are you waiting for? go send a RAK or two today!


2 comments:

carolm said...

too cute leonie. love reading your weekly posts.

xoxo ~ carol.

Maria Williams :) said...

i like your version of the card! what a great choice of stamp set!