Thursday, February 7, 2008

TGIF!

Hello, and welcome! My name is Jennifer. I live in Caldwell, Idaho. (This is a suburb of Boise, for those of you not so familliar with Spudtown) I am married to an amazing man, Kevin, and a mother of 3 kiddos-Trevor is 13 (Yikes!), Alexa is 10, and Ashley will be 8 next month. I have also been a surrogate mother, and gave birth to a baby boy this past October.

I have been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for almost 4 years, and it has been a great experience-and has only been strengthened by my involvment with Utah Divas International! This is an amazing group of women who support one another in all aspects of our lives-not just stamping! I hope that you will visit our blog often. You never know what might inspire you! From now on, I will post less about me, and more about stamping...please join me every Friday!

I made these 3 cards for an upcoming Stamp Camp. They are kids valentines, with the intention of being passed out at school. The kids and moms will be working together, so they are quite simple. I used the Love Notes, they come in sets of 30, 10 each of Rose Red, Soft Sky and Very Vanilla, and are 3x3, with Very Vanilla envelopes.

  • The "Friend" card is accented with Blue Bayou, and I used the "Forever in My Heart" stamp set. I also used both large square punches-how easy is that!
  • For the "Love" card with the tag on it, I used Whisper White and Pretty in Pink cardstock, and Rose Red ink, with the "Taggers Dozen" stamp set. I used both tag punches on this one. I then stapled on the pink ribbon.
  • The final card, with the red heart, is my favorite! I used "Forever in My Heart" again, stamped the dotted heart in Real Red ink, on Real Red cardstock. I cut it out and attached to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I had already stamped the love outline in Real Red, and then just centered the heart over it. I then tied a tiny knot around the heart with Red Gingham ribbon-this is just too cute!

I am not the greatest photographer in the world, so I hope you can see enough details to re-create these at home! Have fun, and remember that there are no mistakes when you are creating a hand stamped card-only happy accidents!


3 comments:

EdieB said...

Hi Jennifer,

What a great project and how fun to have the moms & kids working together. The Valentine cards are darling. Thanks for sharing! EdieB

Maria Williams :) said...

Great idea for parent/child craft!! Such nice cards for them to make!!

Michelle said...

These are great projects, Jennifer! It's also a fantastic idea to have the mothers and children working together on these.